Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:14:37 -0400

Hi all,

My thanks to all who responded to my post regarding Flour mills.

I recieved 6 responses regarding the Vitamix machine. It was the
favorite from those who responded. This machine not only grinds flour,
but will mix the bread doughs as well. Also I guess it makes soups,
juices, and icecreams as well. However its price may be a little high
for some at $449.00.  Of the 6 who responded, 2 stated they didn't feel
it ground the flour fine enough. 3 had no complaints, and 1 did not use
it for bread making.

this mill. at $220.00. Its a little less costly, but doesn't have other
uses like the vitamix. Of the 4 who responded 2 stated they felt it
didn't grind the flours fine enough for their tastes, and 2 gave no
complaints.

You can find information for different flour grinders at
http://waltonfeed.com/grind.html

I also recieved a response from a poster who uses the Coffee Mill made
by Krup. This person uses it for spices, but hasn't used it to make
breads, but states the spices are "almost powder" This Coffee Mill sells
for $20.00           I do not have a URL

I also had a response concerning the Whisper Mill also at the URL above,
with no complaints. It sells for $260.00

I had two responses from people that told me to go to an Oriental
Grocery store and the rice flour can be purchased very reasonably.
Unfortunatley I do not have any in this area to my knowlege, but will
look around.

The responses have given me much food for thought (Pun?)  I hope this
has been helpful to those who are also newbies out there like me, and
find the flours costly and looking for alternatives.

I do not work for , nor am associalted in any way with the products
mentioned above.

          Thanks
           Carol   Northeast Pa. USA