Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 22:44:15 -0400

I was wondering if anyone has an update on Ben & Jerrys ice cream- I wrote to
them a long time ago and they were not able to guarantee gf status but felt
that many of their basic flavors (especially those without cookie pieces or
such in it) were most likely safe. Well now they have anew flavor that I am
sure is what they serve when you get to heaven's door- I have tested it twice
and no reaction but was hoping someone had updated info. The specific flavor
I am inquiring on is called Phish Food- it is a chocolate ice cream with
marshmallow and carmel swirl and little milk chocolate pieces in the shapes
of fish.

Ingedients are: Cream, liquid sugar, skim milk, water, corn syrup, sugar,
cocoa (processed with alkali), cocnut oil, egg yolks, egg whites, butter oil,
guar gum, vanilla extract??, pectin, soya lecithin, carrageenan, natural
flavors??, salt

Any advise (except a slap on the hand :) would be greatly appreciated.
Leslie-NYC