From:
John Tice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 11:29:51 -0500

Greetings,

I am a newly diagnosed Celiac (and new on this list). I'm in my third week
of the diet and about two clicks from the bottom of the learning curve.

At this point, my range of available foods is limited--mostly fresh meats,
fruits, rice and vegetables. This works pretty well as long as I'm at home
with time to prepare meals, but I'm planning to travel several times in the
comming months. While it's relatively easy to find specialty foods via mail
order and in specialty stores, this is impractical and an unreliable source
when traveling as well as a lifestyle change that I've not fully
adopted--yet.

I'm soliciting lists and recommendations <via private email> of GF prepared
or easy to prepare items (of all types) which are available in regular
grocery stores or at chain restaurants. I'm asking for items have been
checked out, as opposed to basing an asumption on the label. If you have
mfgs. contact info it would be nice to have as well. Also, if anyone knows
of web sites that have lists of specific items, that would be helpful as
well.

I'll be happy to share the results with anyone who requests a copy. Thanks
in advance for your help.

John Tice
Blacksburg, VA