Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 21:20:34 -0800

Dear Friends,
        After all the confusion and turmoil over the GF status of Coleman's
Mustard, I have recieved a fax from Reckitt & Coleman Inc., which they
recieved from Ven den Bergh Foods of Brooke House, Manor Roayal, Crawley,
West Sussex, dated 29 August, 1997.

It reads in part:

WARRANTY

"We (Vanden Bergh Foods) hereby warrant that [begin underline] Coleman's
Double Superfine Warranted Pure English Mustard Powder [end underline]... "

"Additionally, we warrant that Colman's Double Superfine...Mustard Powder
is manufactured in the UK by Colman's of Norwhich and [begin underline]
contains only derivatives of ground mustard seed and therefore can be
considered suitable for people consuming a gluten free diet."  [end
underline]

Signed:   Dr. John Scholey
VdBF Deputy Company Quality Manager

I'm keeping my mustard powder and have used it in a batch of baked beans
today.  I have had no reaction (I am a canary in the coalmine when it comes
to gluten) so I feel that, for me at any rate,  it is safe.

Hope this clears up the confusion.  Should those of you in the UK have
questions regarding the labeling of the tin, well,  I was given no
explanation for this.  However, the telephone on the letterhead reads 01293
648000, so you might inquire direct.

Lynda

\*/\*[log in to unmask] \*/\*/\*/ Southern California \*/\*/ _@v