From:
Virginia Frisbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 22:01:05 -0400

We often see "off brands" at our local groceries and wonder if they are safe,
put them back, and opt for national brands.  Our Kroger or Winn Dixie doesn't
carry some of the national brands that CSA/USA mentions in its handbook.
 This has prompted me to try to list local food manufacturers that do make GF
products.  As a for instance:  MIKE SELLS POTATO CHIPS is manufactured in
Dayton, Oh and Indianapolis, In. The chips made in Dayton are GF.  This is
denoted by the coding under the price circle in the top right of the bag.
 You will find a series of letters and numbers.  The series ending in the #1
IS GF.

American Beauty products are manufactured in Morgan In and are regional.
 They are compiling a list of their GF products.  I will post them when I
receive them.

If you have knowledge of local food manufacturers that do have GF products,
would you please let me have a copy of your food list?

This could me most helpful for many of us.

Thanks in advance for any items you might provide