From:
Kathy Christenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:24:21 -0600

I just spoke with Carol at Frontier Herbs about their vanilla with
glycerin.  I had had a similar conversation about a year ago and was told
then that it was gf.  I decided to recheck and was told today that gluten
is removed from glycerin during the refinement process but because saying
that something is gluten free is a legal statement, they are still
researching on whether or not they can make this claim.  She also said it
could be "quite awhile" before they do.

I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge of glycerin and its gf status.  Maybe
it is time to track down some Luksusowa vodka and make my own vanilla!