Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 20:10:25 -0500
From:

I have just had the pleasure of adding another unusual medical condition to
my ever growing memoirs- After having a biopsy done on a small rash that
wouldn't disappear from my elbow for over a month (it wasn't itchy, but it
was bumpy and red) I just got the biopsy report back and it reads as follows:
There are collections of Palisaded Histiocytes around deposits of connective
tissue mucin and a perivascular lymphocytic infiltrate.
Microscopic Diagnosis: Granuloma Annulare

The dermatologist suggested that she sees this condition sometimes just on
it's own, but often in correclation with Diabetes (which I have told her I
absolutely refuse to have- No way I will willingly be Celiac and Diabetic- I
give tremendous credit to those of you out there duffering from both
illnesses, but I know between the carbs and sugar in my diet- I would have a
major problem doing without) Anyway, she recommended I speak to my internist
about the fasting test for diabetes which I will do tomorrow, but my last
glucose blood test a few months ago was within normal limits- so I am hoping
this is all just a fluke. Actually now that I have put ointment on the area
to heal the biopsy scar- it has all cleared up, unfortunately now that I have
seen the report though, I can't just play ignorant & disregard it.
Anyone out there have any thoughts or info to pass along on any of this- it
definitely is not DH and I have been gf for two years with negative blood for
gluten antibodies for the last year and a half and am feeling pretty healthy
these days. Please send a PRIVATE e-mail to [log in to unmask]
Thanks & Regards,
Leslie-NYC