Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 22:51:20 +0000
From:
Dwight Corbitt <[log in to unmask]>

>Now the question is:  If the ingredients are anchovies or fish, salt, and
>water - HOW DOES THIS FERMENT????  - Is there a processing ingredient that
>is used, but not mentioned in the ingredient list that could contain
>gluten????

    World famous McILHENNY TABASCO PEPPER SAUCE is fermented the same way.
My daughter and I went by Avery Island LA. last summer to see how it's made.
Ground tabasco peppers with salt is stored in wooden drums and capped with a
layer of salt. As it starts to ferment the juice bubbles up threw the salt
cap. I'm not sure how long, (months or years). It smells great!  After
storage they add vinegar and then bottle it.             Tabasco is GF.

     Dwight Corbitt               /    Gluten free in Tennessee   /

  My son collects license plates.  Let us know if you have any to sell or swap.