From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 05:15:31 -0700
> Do most of you paleo-dieters consider shellfish (indeed, all seafood)
taboo?

We enjoy crab and lobster steamed or dropped in boiling water.  My father
and wife love raw oysters.  But oysters for me seem to be far more
enjoyalbe if gently rolled around in fat from uncured bacon.  They love a
clam "bake" whereas I rather have them chopped up and made into a soup.

> 2]. . But recently we taste-tested raw
> dairy products . . . Could it be that as long as the dairy is raw
> and has an attractive smell and taste that it could be a convenient
> addition to a paleo-diet?

One attitude might be the Paleolithic Diet "in the way and style it should
have been eaten."

We don't you any of the dairy anymore probably because we no longer have
things like bowls of cereal to but it on, or milk doesn't go to well with
herb teas.  (By Doctors orders I do still drink coffee but enjoy it black.)

I do know what you mean about the wonderful flavour of raw milk, getteing
organic and natural milk products appears to be far easier in Canada where
we live than in the USA and we had made the switch back when we were on
Atkins and he wrote an article suggesting that if you must have milk
products, he recommened un-processed.

Grant
-----> SPEAR and STONE <-----
Grant         [log in to unmask]