From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 10:32:49 -0500
>If you want to see thoroughly well-documented coverage of the issue of
>meat-eating in humans, just see http://members.aol.com/chetday/ward1.htm --
>which will give you all the documentation you need to completely refute the
>complete vegan bullshit that humans didn't evolve to eat meat.  This is
>complete and total crap, with NO support (none whatsoever) in any of the
>paleontological evidence.  Period.
>...snip...
>
>Go read Ward's interview with Chet, it'll give you all you need in terms of
>references.  (Actually for some time I've wanted the list of references
>Ward quotes in that interview; Ward, could you possibly supply them?)

Dean, give me a little time and I will get them for you and anyone else who
wants them in emailable ASCII form. Give me a few days though. Up until
this point, the references have been available only from me by snailmail
because of how the interviews originated. A few words here about where I am
at currently with availability of the interviews and references:

The interview for Chet was originally written in NerdPerfect :-) (due to
the need for editable reference information to be embedded underneath each
footnote number in the electronic manuscript). As I am a graphic designer
by trade, normally I just write in Quark XPress directly (for me it's much
faster than a word processor anyway, better/more intuitive layout
capabilities, easier to write to fit directly to a specific column length,
etc.), but in any event, we then converted to Quark XPress to publish the
interview in Chet's snailmail newsletter. We left in the footnote numbers
but decided to cut the actual endnote references themselves due to Chet's
shoestring budget and space considerations (pretty voluminous notes).
That's why the references themselves weren't published along with the
interview and had to be requested separately. (Sorry!) Anyway, Quark format
is how the references current still reside.

It will take a little time to strip and massage the original Quark
formatting into a readable form for email or web, but I suppose it's time
to get the refs available via email for the meat-eating vs. vegan arsenal
:-) since few have sent for them directly from me via snailmail. Reason for
restricting distribution of the refs by snailmail till this time was
because I was interested in knowing who was into Paleodiet research enough
to want the references, so I could talk directly with them and maybe learn
something. I now see that has been counterproductive and only restricts
dissemination of information that needs to be out there for people. Anyway,
there are 169 footnotes and 3-4 pages of bibliography when printed out in
small type, so it will take a little while. Give me a little time. Thanks
for prodding me about this, Dean--should have done it some time ago.

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS

P.S. By the way, I will see if after I do this I can't get Chet to add the
footnotes to his website too. Actually, I had considered doing a website
myself on Paleodiet including all 3 parts of the interview we did (rather
than just the first part which is on his website) and to promote and serve
as a contact point for a book I was considering writing on the meat-eating
vs. vegan "wars." However, I have lost interest in the book right now
without upfront funding to write it, plus I got burned-out on Paleodiet
research since I spent incredible amounts of time nailing all the
references for the interviews so it couldn't be easily shot down by the
militant vegan crowd.

I have also been told that part 3 of the interview--which is about the many
health problems that some vegans experience, and the "psychology of
idealistic diets" (or excuses) used to maintain belief in it anway--was
more convincing for some people than part 1 of the interview. If anyone is
interested in putting up all three parts of the interview on the Web in the
interest of setting the scientific record straight and exposing all the
vegan malarkey out there, I would be happy at some point to convert
everything to ASCII for upload. I have strong feelings about all this since
I was a former vegetarian myself and bought all the malarky too for many
years. (I would reserve rights to put it on the web myself in the future,
although the chances are slim at this point.)