NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Kontos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 11:53:22 -0400
An old lady came into her doctor's office and confessed to an embarrassing
problem: "When I drink milk it causes me to have severe flatulence, Doctor
Johnson, but the farts are soundless, and they have no odor.  In fact, since
I've been here, I've farted no less than twenty times.  What can I do?"

"Here's a prescription, Mrs. Barker.  Take these pills three times a day for
seven days and come back and see me in a week."

The next week, an upset Mrs. Barker marched into Dr. Johnson's office:
 "Doctor, I don't know what was in those pills, but the problem is worse!
 The flatulence is no better, but they're still soundless, and now they smell
terrible!  What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Calm down, Mrs. Barker," said the doctor soothingly.  "Now that we've fixed
your sinuses, we'll work on your hearing and lactose intolerance."