From:
Pam Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 08:59:41 +0900
BJ wrote:

> That said, where do folks who eat this way as a part of their lifestyle get
> their calcium?

My doctor recently reported that folks who eat large portions of protein
need 600 mg calcium twice daily. Salt  may also robs the body of
calcium.
> Also, we'll be taking a trip next week by car, and my husband and I are
> notorious snackers when we travel.  (NEVER at home!)  Being a former
> vegetarian, (can you believe it?), cold meat or even hard boiled eggs just
> don't appeal to me.  I'm wondering about sunflower seeds; would that be
> within the guidelines?  Fruit probably won't do since I get very very
> hungry after eating it...unless it's dessert after a meal.  Suggestions?

Beef jerky!  Also, have a big breakfast/lunch before starting out. If
you fill up on the proteins before leaving, you will be less hungry in
the car. Stop the car after two hours at a roadside park. Have a light
snack and stretch--not to mention smelling the roses! Break that habit
of snacking in the car...it's not as messy either!

Pam