From:
Molly NíDána <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 10:37:39 +0800
> Please don't buy into these scare tactics used by the pharmaceutical
> companies to get you vaccinated. This is their cash cow.
> Natural immunity to measles, mumps and rubella comes thru having the disease
> itself. Paleo man lived w/o vaccinations.

Boy, vaccinations, now! We don't shirk the controversial topics, do
we?  In general, I feel less is more when it comes to vaccinations,
but a couple of personal experiences. I had rubella in the 6th grade,
and it was a very dangerous and devastating physical experience.
(Nobody except my mother believed it was actually rubella until I
took the marriage blood test years later.)  I also had scarlet fever
the following year, no one knows where we (my mother and I) got it,
speculation is migrant workers). This really wrecked me for several
years.  Also, the previously mentioned ex-husband got measles as an
adult when we were 26. Very bad, dangerous experience.  Kaiser (our
HMO) was no help, so I used medical hypnosis to control the fever, as
it was shooting so high brain damage was a genuine possibility.
After that I got mumps shots, as I had never had them, and didn't
want to take any chances.

I haven't got children, but I do have young, much loved dogs. This
same discussion goes on all the time on the dog lists.  Our Re was
given too many vaccines simultaneously at 4 months (by a
brain-damaged vet I will never use again) and had a severe reaction
to the rabies shot which we eventually helped with homeopathy, though
I was forced to give her another just recently for licensing, and she
reacted again despite prophylactic homeopathy.  Her litter-sister, on
the other hand, seems fine with the shot. Multiple renditions of YMMV
and think it through for yourself seemed called for on this subject.
The shots are not necessarily worse than the disease, in my
experience.

Sla/n go fo/ill

Molly Ni/Da/na
San Francisco, CA