From:
"Mary E. Copeland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:01:08 -0400
>If you are not a frequent poster to the list, then from
>time to time it is always nice to make your presence known
>by sending a post letting us all know how you are doing.
Well, I've been on this list almost since it was started, but never post,
so I know most of you, but you don't know me.  I was a refugee from the
low-carb list (too much volume to keep up).  I am an Atkid/Neandergal
(Neanderthin except for coffee w/cream, artificial sweeteners, a little
butter and a little cheese) and have been on some form of low-carb for over
3 years.  Although I've only lost 20-25 lbs. in the past 3 years, low-carb
has helped tremendously with my energy levels, stomach problems, colds, dry
skin and hair and arthritis.  Also my mood (just ask my husband).  Not
helped very much are: pollen and mold allergies, eyesight (has gotten
worse) and teeth (just found out I have moderate periodontitis, despite
regular care).  I've not lost any more weight in the past year and a half,
and Neanderthin has not helped to break that logjam.  But cutting way back
on cheese consumption from Atkins to Neanderthin has certainly been
beneficial, if you know what I mean.

I usually run a week or two behind on reading the list, but am catching up
today.  Maybe I'll post more often.

Mary Copeland