From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:03:07 -0400
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Karl Alexis McKinnon wrote:
>         People are arguing if there is a conspiracy to keep "low fat"
> popular.  Are people dumb, or evil?  I say that there is a vested
> interest in keeping people ill.  See the movie "Jonie Nmonic" for a
> plausable metaphor for our current Invisable War.
>         There is a vested interest in keeping people as "marks."

People are seldom evil; they're a lot more likely to be stupid.  Herding
instinct, you know...  People hate thinking, and follow the loudest voice,
rather than bother looking into the evidence and thinking for themselves.
It's easier that way.

Speaking of thinking, did anyone see last night's 'Daria'?

Corbie