NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:16:57 -0700
Kristen,

I strongly suggest that you get a full food allergy blood test done.
I think that IBS is a catch-all for "we don't know what it is so
we'll just give it a name."  I had a food allergy blood test done
late last year (I, too, had recurring symptoms of diarrhea, horrible
gas, severe cramps, etc.) and found out that I needed to eliminate
all dairy, gluten, soy, eggs and a few other things.  Since I've
done that (I have a rotation diet for the other foods I can have)
my symptoms DISAPPEARED, except when I try a small
quantity of a food I shouldn't have.  I also feel that I'm getting
more out of my food.

A blood test is the only sure way to find out the true extent of
your food allergies (you may have more than you think--O did!)
The test I had covered 96 food groups and requires only one
blood sample.

Nancy