NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 18:22:38 -0500
On 2/2/97, Frank Hering <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>I guess the subject line is self-explanatory :)
>I picked the two items out of John's custard recipe, and I don't know what
>they are.

Well, Frank is writing from Germany. Farm Rich is only available in the
Eastern Half of the US. Both are discussed in the Milk Substitute FAQ that
is stored on the listserv. This is not a complete FAQ on the subject, as it
was originally compiled for the gluten-free list. To retrieve send GET
NO-MILK MILKALT in a message body to [log in to unmask]

As for ingredients:

Farm Rich: Water, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Contains
2% or Less of the following: Soy Protein Isolate, Dipotassium Phosphate,
Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Polysorbate
60), Salt, Vegetable Gum (Carrageenan), Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Artificial Flavor, Beta Carotene (for Coloring).

Better than Milk: Malodextrin (from rice), soy milk, calcium carbonate,
soy protein isolate, fructose, tofu powder, sea salt, titanium dioxide (a
mineral for color), potassium chloride, carrageenan gum, natural flavors,
soy lecithin, cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12).

Don.