NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Beck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:03:37 -0400
In a message dated 97-04-28 10:44:04 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Linda
Murray) writes:

<< It seems every day is a learning experience. Now it looks like my son is
allerg
 ic to eggs(in addition to milk & soy). I'd like to get him tested for
allergies
  but I don't know if he's too young. How young can a child be to start
testing?
 My son is 15 months. I'd like to stop this "trial and error" method I'm
using
 now and know for sure.   Thanks!

 -Linda Murray >>

My daughter is almost 16 mo .... and we are having RAST testing (which
involves drawing several tubes of blood .... we are NOT doing the scratch
testing at this time) done in a few days.  She had a serious allergic
reaction to something (we THINK it might be soy) ...... and my 3yo son is
being tested then too.  We too are tired of the gues work, because while we
are GUESSING our children might have a more serious life-threatening reaction
..... I did not at all mind the guess work and all the research until now !!

Tammy Beck