NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:03:32 -0800
Now I can add my holiday meal tale to the list.

For Christmas Eve, my dear best friend invited me over for
dinner.  We talked about the menu in detail before I got there
(I have other food intolerances besides dairy, although dairy
is at the top of the reaction list).  All seemed well, and delicious
it was as we sat and gorged ourselves.  Then, one person made
a comment about how delicious the salad dressing was and
asked what kind it was.  My friend's answer: garlic and
PARMESAN!!!!   YIKES!!!  I had seen her putting the salad
together and a little voice in me said, "You'd better ask
about the dressing," but I ignored it and had mild diarrhea
for three days.  I still give her an A+ for all the rest of the
meal, and have told myself to listen to my little voice AND
bring my own dressing for the salad.

Nancy