NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:42:24 -0800
Dear Maggie,

You must be referring to VIRGIL HULSE, who wrote a book about Prions and
Mad Cow Disease.

In addition to the many proteins, fat and cholesterol in milk there are
also crystaline structures called Prions which have been implicated in
spongiform diseases in which the brain literally resembles a sponge.

According to Hulse (and many others) we have Mad Cow Disease in
America.  It's called Downer Cow Syndrome.

Robert Cohen