NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 22:49:15 -0600
Could someone explain  the difference between lactose intolerant and
milk allergy.  Me, my husband and three kids all have  bad reactions to
milk  products (i.e. milk, ice cream yogurt, custards, etc)

We get severe cramps, gas and diarrhea.  My doctor just told me to stay
away from milk. My kids had trouble digesting milk, even breast and soy
milk.  Now we just avoid milk products all together.   We even have
problems with calcium supplements.

Does this sound like lactose intolerance or milk allergy?