NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 08:17:20 -0700
To learn more about celiac disease, check out these web sites:

http://rdz.stjohns.edu/library/medic/celiac
http://www.panix.com/~donwiss

I had the 96-item allergy panel blood test in December and found
out that I am intolerant to dairy, gluten, eggs, soy, corn, garlic,
and a few other things.  Also, my digestion was about nil, which
led me to eat a lot, gain weight, and still feel hungry.  By avoiding
all the foods in all forms and adding betaine hydrochloride and
digestive enzymes (along with lots of vitamins), my health has
improved dramatically.  When I test my tolerance with something
low on the reaction list such as soy, I get my gas, bloating, aching
joints, and sometimes diarrhea right back.  My doctor assures me
that correcting my digestion by taking high-potency "---dophilus"
cultures will, in time, allow me to eat some foods again, but not
the ones high on the list, such as the first three.

Good luck,
Nancy