Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 01:14:05 -0500
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Grant Magnuson wrote:

> I'm going to really miss lamb and hamburger -- so move over Karl, I'm
> going to learn to like rare steaks too.

        I'm very sorry that you have to eleminate so much food.  It must
be very hard living with such extreme diabetis.  I find that in about a
week of eating a paleolithic food that I tolerate, I acquire the taist.
Rare meat and uncured bacon come to mind immediatly.  Also, poultry never
did appeal to me, and now I like it.  I still don't enjoy the taste of
fish without mayo, so I take them in pill form.  (I think it helps offset
the effects of cooking, which really helps if you can't or don't wish to
eat too much vegitable and fruit food).

> This having been on a diabetic & heart recommended high carb, low fat,
> low sodium, little red meat diet for over 20 years is a tough "bad
> habit" to break.

        The hardest thing to give up, for me, is Cousin's subs.  They
have the world's absolutely best bread.  Cover them with soy oil and I'm
in heaven.  But when I gained 75 lbs in two years, I knew who to blaim.
We're all on this list (or at least most of us are) because we react
badly to certain foods.  Perhaps not as badly as my friend who inspired
me to look for NeanderThin.  She ate two spoonfulls of Campbell's Pork &
Beans on two seperate days and loved them, so she got a can and ate it
all.  Now, beans are BANNED in her house.  Humans cannot digest the
shells of even cooked beans, and it really messed up her colen.  She
wanted to operate on herself to get it out.  It was that bad.
        If you -really- don't like something, don't eat it.  That's the
best part of NeanderThin.  (Also the Bronx Diet uses "skipping.") For
example, I don't like broccali.  It turns out the vegitable is a
carcinogen.  And -never- try to push food on kids.  It messes up their
first line of immunity (the tongue).  If they don't like it, the odds are
it's going to mess up their bodies.  Tastes do change around puberty, but
before then don't force them to eat things they don't want to, and don't
punish them for not eating.  The child is left NOT KNOWING what they like
and don't like.  Eating becomes a matter of "politeness," not of
nutrition.  I don't like baked beans, so I avoided a potentially nasty
situation that could have made me like my friend.
        It's O.K. not to give children certian foods they want, as any
parent of a gluten intolerent child will attest.

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley