Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:33:07 -0400
From:
Brian Glass <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
on Wed Sep 10 09:31:38 1997, John C. Pavao writes:

> Following is my opinion.  If your son is thin, good for him.  As someone
> who grew up fat and was scarred by the experience, I respectfully question
> your motivation for wanting to "fatten him up".  Feed him whole, natural
> foods (avoid refined foods) and let his weight take care of itself.  Unless
> he is medically in danger of being too thin for some reason, I really feel
> that this should be left alone.  Again, this is my personal, biased
> opinion.

When I was in college, I was very skinny.  So skinny I thought that I
needed to gain weight.  So I ate a lot more food and guess what?  I have
been trying to get rid of it since I got out of college.  (I suppose that if
I had been eating neanderthin then it might not have gotten so much out of
hand.)

My advice is that if you do try to fatten him up, you include regular
strength training and plenty of protein (not a problem on neanderthin) so
that the weight goes into muscle and not fat.

--
Brian Glass | [log in to unmask] | http://www.andrews.edu/~glass | 313-995-9022
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are