NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 00:03:14 -0500
Jaye Reed-Hare wrote:

> My reaction to dairy products coincided with my change in birth control
> methods.  There were many other physical changes as well.  Do you think that
> the change in hormonal level could be the cause or a contributing factor to
> my intolerance to dairy?

Jaye,

Actually, this is pretty common!  Many women (especially) have cyclical
allergic reactions and/or much worse or better allergic symptoms during
pregnancy.

For instance...  I was having sever cramping a few years back around the
time of my ovulation and period.  Couldn't figure out what was causing
it so went to my OB/GYN.  He couldn't figure out what was wrong either
so put me on the pill.  Within a week I had daily hives.  Sure, the
cramping went away, but who can deal with hives every day!  I started
reacting to polyester, latex and most synthetics and to almost every
food.  I told the OB/GYN and he said this was impossible, but when I
went to a holistic doctor he not only told me to get off the pill right
away (and said any woman with allergies should stay far away from it),
but helped me find a citrus allergy that was causing the cramping.
Unfortunately, I am still quite sensitive to latex, polyester and fabric
treatments.

When your body is in hormonal flux, so will your allergies be.  Trust
your body to tell you what it can and cannot handle.  If you feel worse
on the new stuff - get yourself off of it.  There are many, many options
available for most couples.

In addition, please consider that your allergic reaction is to milk.
Milk was designed by nature to be a hormonal delivery system for the
young that were to be nurtured by it.  Every glass is full of hormones.
If you are having hormonal problems - I would think twice about adding
more hormones (from a cow no less) to the mix.

--
Kathy Wentz                        unschooler, n. one who never swims
[log in to unmask]                   with the crowd