NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sandy Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 13:39:49 -0400
I apologize if this has already been discussed but I'm curious if anyone
knows anything about the blood test that can be done to determine allergies?
 Is it an accurate determination of "milk allergy"?  I was diagnosed shortly
after I was born (they figured it out when I quite breathing after drinking
milk).  The past couple of years I was able to eat more milk products and the
effect crept up on me slower - then all of a sudden I seem to be extremely
sensitive again.

Also, do any of you also deal with hypoglycemia in addition to the dairy
allergy?  If so, how do you handle the diet limitations of both?  The diet
for hypoglycemia tends to incorporate cheese as a quick protein - I feel very
limited by the time I rule out sugars AND milk.

Thanks for any help you can give...

Sandy