NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dawn Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:52:12 -0600
>Hummus is a food that I discovered in the Middle East. There it is consumed
>on Pita Bread, dipped like a chip. Karen>

     Other ideas:  I make something similar to "taco salad" with Hummus as
the base. I LOVE to make quick sandwiches for lunch by tossing lots of
hummus inside a pita half with some spinach leaves and what ever veggies I
have left-over/handy (yummy!) Sometimes for variety,  I use hummus instead
of a tomato based sauce, as the base for pizza.  I sometimes use it like I
would have used sour-cream (but then again, that depends on how much garlic
I've added to the hummus)  Another tip for making your own (see the recipe
that Don posted yesterday) is to add roasted red bell peppers--makes it much
more creamy and moist!  (Got that idea from my local health-food store).