NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
suzanne l martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:52:00 -0500
I need suggestion of other non milk products for a stubborn toddler!

I found out (one months ago) through trial that my 13 month old is
allergic to milk.  I had been breastfeeding him all along not suspecting
anything (of course after reading some of your stories, I
realize the doctors were wrong when they told me that his excessive
spitting was normal). I wasn't aware of "milk allergies" - my 4 year old
had no reaction to it.  Anyway, when my son turned one year I gave
him milk for the first time and he got hives around his mouth even with
only one drop.  He has had one wheezing attack when his older sister gave
him a sip of her milk, "because he was thirsty."  Anyway, my doctor told
me to try other products like Goat's milk or Soy milk.  So I have tried
them both with no reaction, but he can not stand the taste (or texture,
possibly) of either of these products.  I have even tried the Carnation
Next step Soy Toddler formula, but he just spits it out. Is there anyone
out there that has had this taste problem, that can offer some suggestions
or tips!  Also, the only other suspected allergy is Gluten!

Thanks....Suzanne

Suzanne Martin from New Orleans