NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:56:10 +0200
7bit
From:
"Christiaan W. Van Nood" <[log in to unmask]>
I have been nursing my son now for 16 months, but the other day I contacted
a pediatric who had been reading some studies, that there are rare cases of
children whose allergies remain high due to breast feading (I do take food
with milk proteins, though less since his milk allergy was discovered). We
meditated, and because of the age of my son, decided to stop breast feading.

I don't want to encourage anybody to stop breast feading, but just want to
mention that the possibility is there. I am still of the opinion that a
monther can give her child nothing better than her milk.

Erica

----------

>> The reason I point out his case is that by 15 months, he was diagnosed
with
> severe allergies to not only milk but also soy (me too), wheat and all
other
> grains, nuts and seeds, peanuts and legumes, and milder allergies to corn,
> rice, etc.  He can eat meat and most fruits/vegs.  We don't know how early
> these started but I do know that if I had NOT nursed, he would have been
> completely unable to take any of the formulas I have seen, from soy to
> dairy to nutramigen, etc, not to mention baby cereals and a lot more.
Since