From:
"Connie M. Pearce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 08:20:57 +0100

Hello There,

In question to taking Dapsone to control DH effects.  Many years ago I
checked the Physicians Desk Reference (PDR), this is a reference for most
if not all medications, and I found that Dapsone is a carcinogen.  That
is way the blood work is so important.  That was enough information to
change my way of thinking.

I thought I could control the DH by using the medicine.  I ate as I used
to but the DH didn't slow down is just progressed with the need for a
higher dosage of Dapsone.  In my opinion it's not a medication to be
taken as a wonder cure/control.

One thing I found funny about Dapsone was when I went to pick it my
prescription at the pharmacy and the Pharmacist told me that this was the
same medication that was used to cure Leprosy.  The people in line behind
me, after hearing the Pharmacist, all moved some distance away from me.
We had a good laugh.

Keep a positive thought,
Connie
Ukiah, Ca.