NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 22:57:04 -0600
Stefanie Campbell wrote:

> can you post a list of the products/companies that do this so we can all
> avoid them?

Sorry, I've never kept a written record!  Some companies I have had
contact with are for reasons other than milk also, which would further
confuse the issue on this specific list.  I think the best way is for
each of us to post the problems we find on a daily basis and maybe we
all can get together and try to solve them.  Our opinions do matter,
Kelloggs and Burger King are proof, but we have to vote with our wallets
and words.

For instance, Original Bugles.  They used to be dairy free but they
recently changed the recipe and now all of them contain dairy.  I called
them and they said that they had received very few phone calls or
letters about their new recipe.  I have half a case left (bought out 2
WalMarts of the old boxes when I found the change over) and then we will
be out forever because some corporation decided to change a perfectly
good recipe.

Yes, I know they are terrible for you.  But, my kids are limited enough
I find a treat of something like these was fun and they could be found
very quickly at almost any store.  The ingredients used to be corn,
coconut oil (with BHT), sugar, salt and baking soda.

Have an opinion?  Call General Mills at 1-800-231-0308 (7:30-5:30 CT)

--
Kathy Wentz              I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
[log in to unmask]      If you're going to have one, why bother to