NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:41:44 -0400

<< I'm not familiar with a delayed reaction. Does
 > this sound like an allergy developing? Has anybody experienced this? >>
Anaphylaxis is a serious reaction that sometimes has immediate symptoms such
as tingling in mouth, prickly throat, vomiting, elevated heart racing etc.
 Often times there is a second reaction that can occur a couple hours later,
and as I understand it, these can also be serious reactions.  Deaths have
occured from both immediate and delayed.  I have indeed experienced this with
my son.  That is why they say to use the Epi-pen for these reactions and go
and stay at hospital for 3-4 hours.  It has been my experience that reactions
when my children were younger did not lead to serious reactions like they do
now.  Now its use the Epi-pen and get to the hospital.  An allergist will
probably help you determine if this is they type of allergy your child has.

My son is alleric to wheat  After eating a piece of cake he had upset stomach
for almost 24 hours and after he threw up he was again okay.   I would
suggest getting allergy tests for foods if you haven't already so.   For us
it answered our questions.