NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:14:19 -0400

<< So, what is the deal with ham?  Can someone on the list say definitively
if
 ham (and turkey) that are infused with water can also contain milk products?

George, here is what FAN's Off to School with Food Allergies book says from
page 6-19 "Water added hams. In 1992 the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection
Service approved the use of milk and soy derivatives as binders in these
hams.  The ingredients are listed on the label."

So, obviously if we order a ham sandwich or buy deli meats we may be putting
our selves (or kids) at risk.   Hope this helps