NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Beck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 03:20:40 -0400
In a message dated 97-04-21 02:14:04 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Kathy Wentz)
writes:

<< The White Wave Yogurt is a good product, but watch for the parve markings
on
 the side.  Recently they had them blackened out because of having their
dairy
 free culture die and needing to use a dairy culture for a short time.
 Always
 read every label, even on products you have been buying for years.  :-( >>

The problems with this product have apparently been cleared up .... because
the labeling is now like it was before.  My son, who has a dairy allergy (not
lactose intolerant) LOVES White Wave Yogurt ..... and we had a tough time
when they were having problems.  Our health food store has a Nutritionist on
staff who keeps records for REGULAR customers, and they recently sent out a
letter saying that the makers of WHITE WAVE had corrected the problem.  (They
also send out announcements for new products that are OK for the person they
have on file ..... this is WONDERFUL because they HELP me considerably.  I
read every label but occassionally an unsure about a new product .... and
their records and the Nutritionist help me DECIDE.  I do not feel quite as
ALONE when dealing with my childs food problems.)

Tammy