NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 22:25:52 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Is goats milk the same as cows milk in type and amount of lactose? I haven't
> seen any discussion or recipes with goats milk so was wondering if people
> react the same to it as cows milk. I am lactose intolerant (as well as gluten
> intolerant) but seem to not have trouble with casein.

Goat's' milk is more easily digested than cow's milk, and is supposedly
close in composition to human milk.  It's fat globules are smaller and
naturally homogenized, and it is much higher in natural flourine and
other nutrients than cow's milk.  A lot of people can tolerate it who
cannot tolerate cow's milk; unfortunately, I am not one of those lucky
ones.  Goat's milk can be used in exactly the same way as cow's milk in
any recipe.

Susan