PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 12:02:35 -0700
7bit
From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
From a Wall Street Journal article abstracting a recent Lancet Study:

"Diseases of affluence" such as heart disease and strokes are killing more people in the
developing world than in richer richer countries........

By 1990, therefore there were already 50% more cancer deaths in less developed countries than in
developed countries........

Dr. Christopher Murry. Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies
Alan Lopez, World Health Orginization

I feel this study dispells the myth that these disorders are found mostly in our decadent western
societies (see NeanderThin review).

It also, I feel, shows the benifits of a more paleolithic modern diet made possible by advanced
transportation methods and refridgeration. In examining historic life spans these seem to have a
larger statistical effect than even medical advances.

I also feel, high rates of these "diseases of civilization" should be seen in any primate species
fed a technolgy-dependent diet.  As most lab primates are fed Purina Monkey Chow, I wonder if
anyone has looked at their disease rates (do they last that long?).

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander