From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 10:34:21 -0700

Hi Everybody,

My 9 year old daughter has a rash that starts on her chest and continues
around to her back. It looks like the typical DH photos I have seen.
She is gluten free but had a hot tub on Saturday. The rash did not appear
until Monday but she could feel it beginning on Sunday.

Generally the bromide does not affect her adversely. She suggested that
perhaps there were not ENOUGH chemicals in the pool. In that case what kind
of germ would create this effect? And what kind of treatment would be
necessary for this condition?

My other 2 GF children played in the pool but without incidence (except my
13 year old feels a little 'off' today and stayed home from school).
I can't remember her eating anything unusual that would create such a
'welty' look.

Has anyone had an experience similar to this?

I applied some Bactroban. I am puzzled and worried since there has been a
lot of news lately about the flesh eating disease.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Susan
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Canada

'No illness which can be treated by diet should be treated by any other means.'
                                                - Moses Maimonides (1135-1204)