From:
d thorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:08:38 -0500

Hello all, and thank you for this great list. This is my first public
posting and I hope it helps many of you.

After reading several postings about unpleasant experiences with
gluten-free airline food, I decided to research some sample menus for a
trip I will take in the spring.

While visiting the United Airlines web site, I looked over their menu
info which went into describing what types of food are acceptable and
unacceptable for gluten-free diets. But it didn't mention what is
served. So I sent them email, and also requested the samples be
dairy-free since I am also lactose intollerant.

Their first response directed me back to their web site. A second
request for details provided these better-than-expected sample menus -

Breakfast:
Plain Rice Cakes
Artificially Sweetened Preserves
Seasonal Fresh Fruit Appetizer
Dietary (Egg substitute) Omelette with Shitake Mushroom & Haricot Vert
Medley

Snack:
Plain Rice Cakes
Artificially Sweetened Preserves
Seasonal Fresh Fruit Appetizer
Poached Salmon with Lentil Cucumber Salad, Carrots, and Haricot Verts

When you call reservations they will be able to suggest certain items
for your special meal.  We look forward to seeing you soon.

If you need more info - you can write to Kellie at:  [log in to unmask]

I will continue to research menu samples from the several airlines I
might be traveling on, and gladly share the results with all of you.

Debra