From:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 18:48:20 -0600

Thanks to all of you who answered my query about Fosamax. I learned a lot
from your answers ---

1) Fosamax is indeed gluten-free, so if I was feeling under the weather
while taking it, it wasn't from gluten ingestion. (But I still can't help
that tiny nagging doubt that I have about everything!)

2) Fosamax might not appropriate for someone whose digestive system has
been injured or damaged, perhaps in the way CD might affect it. That could
definitely be so in my case.

3) I've been off the Fosamax for a few weeks, and the lousy-feeling
symptoms have come back! Therefore, the problem is probably NOT the
Fosamax.

I think Fosamax looks like a Good Thing for those who can tolerate it. In
some (of our) cases, however, as with all medications, caution (read the
fine print!) is definitely in order!

Thanks again for all your responses.

Sue de LC

Susan Pieper/Las Cruces, [log in to unmask]
THE LAW OF REQUISITE VARIETY: The person who has one more alternative than
the number of obstacles s/he faces eventually will triumph. (Anon.)