NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Slotterback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:31:36 EDT

My daughter (age 10) did experience periods of dizziness and imbalance
along with severe bouts of nausea prior to being diagnosed with a milk
allergy. The dizziness and imbalance were not constant, but the nausea
was present on a daily basis. Her pediatrician at that time told me that
the dizziness could not be connected to her stomach problems (diagnosed
as eosinophilic gastritis via endoscopy). However, after finding a new
doctor, the cause of the eosinophilic gastritis was diagnosed as milk
and soy allergies. After going on a milk-free diet, the
dizziness/imbalance disappeared. I can only conclude that it was all
related to the milk allergy. The nausea and pain attacks only
disappeared completely once she went on a milk-free and soy-free diet.

Joanne in NJ