NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:29:32 -0800
Gina Weal wrote:

> Hi all
> A quick question. Do you think that there is any relation b/w milk and wheat
> ingestion and depression?? I ate sultana bran with some milk for the 1st
> time in ages and had the worst attack of "crabbiness".
> Feeling grumpy
> Gina

Coytenly! That's a reaction of the nervous system, and I have seen many
of them to dairy, gluten, MSG, aspartame, and others. Of course I can't
find it right now, but there's a nice little pamphlet by Beatrice Hunter
called Gluten Intolerance in which she talks about studies on
schizophrenics and gluten.

One of my standard questions in a symptom survey is "How are your moods."
 We are indeed what we eat. Our moods and our outlook on life is affected
by our biochemistry. They don't have bouncers in bars because the music
is too loud.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.

Oh, I found it. Curtis Dohan did a study in 1966 and reported: "Children
with celiac disease, more often than by mere chance, become schizophreic
adults.

Not to say your crabbiness is schizophrenia.