NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:58:25 -0800
Ilya wrote:

> I think those who practice low carbohydrate diets have a very good track
> record with helping diabetics. Their stories are mostly anecdotal too,
> (though there are studies on that) but the sheer volume of those is much
> larger than your 2 person sample.
>
>I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. These two patients, and most who must take insulin, have already tried low carbohydrate diets with no
change in blood sugar. It is especially this group that should consider
allergy. You should also realize that I am a chiropractor, so people do
not consult me for diabetes, nor do I pretend to treat diabetes. These
cases, like many that I have written about, are beneficial side effects
that were a result of treatment for other disorders.

After all, the treatment for all diseases is the same, and Hippocrates
said it more than 2000 years ago: "The Key to health is through natural
living."

Sometimes risky diets and behavior will cause degenerative changes that
are irreversible. But most patients are medicated and vital organs are
removed before a thorough investigation into the cause is completed---or
even begun in most cases.

You may wish to remain loyal to conventional medical techniques and the
basic four food group diet. But those who don't respond will be glad to
consider what we nuts have to say. It's based on what we have seen.

Also read Marshall Mandell, M.D.

DT