NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09:27:58 -0500
>My daughter has been Anaphylactic to Milk Protein since she was 5mths
>old, she is now 6 years. I would like to corresponde with people who
>have the same problems. I have researched her allergy for 3 years now
>and I have information to share and also some recipes that I have
>developed to be made without milk.

I probably can't help you, but which milk protein?

We do not have the exact same problem, but the result is the same--no milk
<g>. We avoid the milk protein, casein, so that rules out some non-milk
products too.
Our daughter is milk-free (in addition to other things) because, like some
people with autism, she does not completely break down casein, which then
causes the release of opioid peptides into her bloodstream.  That's the
theory, at any rate!