NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 18:28:29 -0800
Greetings Group,

I've been lurking in the wings, learning a tremendous amount of worthwhile info
regarding Milk.

I was listening to the T.V. this morning during my mad rush to get all the animals fed
and myself clean and presentable for my 45 minute trek into work.  And a commercial
struck a note that connected with a few recent posts to this list in regards to the
increased antibiotic levels of milk.

The commercial was touting yet another one day cure for vaginal yeast infections.  There
seems to be a proliferation of products for treating this female problem in the last
couple of years.  Yes...I'm sure that a certain amount correlates with the product
becoming an OTC item but I also wonder why there appears to be such a need for this type
of medication in our society.

The post informing us of the incredible increase in the amount of allowable antibiotic
levels in milk as of 1990 might be the answer.  I know that in the past on the occasions
when I had to take an extended course of antibiotics  (Doxycyline for Rheumatoid
Arthritis) I invariably ended up with one of two ailments:

Cystitis and/or a Vaginal Yeast infection.  Could the increased need for medications for
yeast infections be traced back to the increased levels of antibiotic in milk?

Can we take this one step further.....I believe the CDC (Center for Disease Control) is
voicing concerns over the failure of  antibiotics to treat infections.  The stated cause
is overprescribing of antibiotics by physicians....but could it also be a reaction to
the constant consumption of antibiotics in milk???

Food for thought......(Sure do miss my cheddar cheese!!!but I don't miss my aches and
pains) <VBG>

Regards,
Pamela