VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 12:06:22 -0400
Hello all,
To find out which version of the Lynx web browser your Internet provider
is running type the following at your Unix prompt:
lynx -version
It is important that your Internet provider is running the latest version
of Lynx which I believe is 7.1.  This will help with some of the
frustrations people are having with web sites.
As far as taking email and web addresses down is concerned, Vocal-eyes has
a feature called cut and paste which allows you to temporarily to store
email and web addresses into the computer's memory until you can put them
to use later.  I use Vocal-eyes cut and paste feature all the time.  I
don't know how I would be able to write home pages with out Vocal-eyes cut
and paste feature, though I am sure other net surfers have ways of taking
web addresses down.
Hope I have been of some help, Jim.