VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DMFISHER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:10:55 -0400
I am working in dos.  I use a shell account with concentric.  The few
times I have tried to visit websites have met with utter frustration and
failure.  My service has pine 3.96 and lynx, not sure of version.  So many
of you talk as if visiting websites is no biggy.

Also, when you mention various www addresses, what is the best method, or,
what works for you, to make note of those addresses; is it possible to
treat a www address like any other e-mail address, putting in an address
book?

My husband has windows 95 on his computer.  I have 3.11.  I am very
reluctant to put windows 95 on mine, along with win-eyes to handle 95 for
what many of you may consider frivolous and foolish.  But, for whatever
reason, I can play solitaire; even though my husband had the identical
software, windows 3.11, win-eyes, etc., solitaire did not talk as readily
on his computer.  We have a back-up computer and solitaire does not talk
well on it; according to the folks at vocal-eyes, the fact that mine talks
pretty readily is the exception.  And, it gives me a lot of pleasure and a
break when I need it so I don't want to risk goofing it up.  And, simply
copyhing all the set files and moving it to another computer doesn't work.

Any suggestions?  And, neither of us is techy; I admire all of you who
are.
Doris Fisher
Bellflower, California