NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:05:28 -0500
For all those who requested the baking mix entitled Missouri Mix, I found
it on the following University of Missouri web page:

http://www.ext.missouri.edu/publications/xplor/hesguide/foodnut/gh1055.htm

The only change that I make in the original recipe is to substitute the
dry powdered milk with Better Than Milk PLAIN.  I use the same amount as
called for dry milk in the University recipe.  Please note that only the
PLAIN Better Than Milk is dairy-free.  It is a soy/tofu based  powdered
beverage.

Hope this makes cooking easier for all of you as it did for me.  I easily
go through a small batch monthly.  You might try a dry powered rice milk.
 I have seen it before in health food stores.

Debbie

BTW, I think I will resubmit this recipe to the Food Allergy Network for
inclusionin their newsletter.  Maybe they will give people the website.
They would not print the recipe since it was copyright protected by Univ.
of Missouri.