NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:53:24 -0500
At 02:55 PM 4/25/97 -0700, Dr. Twogood wrote:
>There is absolutely no good reason for any human to consume dairy >foods,
other than the great taste. Heroin feels good too, I'm told. I don't >mean
to sound like some who have been kicked off the list. I just >wanted to
comment on how astute Ms. Beachwood is, especially on a >day when a 12 year
old girl I was treating decided to quit after only one >week. She suffers
with horrible headaches daily, she consumes milk >(lots) and other dairy
daily. But her mom reports that it is just too difficult >to give up dairy
foods. Leslie is giving up dairy before symptoms >ensue, and I applaud her.
        BRAVO, Dr. Twogood!  I whole-heartedly second your opinion(s) and
encouragement! I live in a family where EVERYONE has severe symptoms from
consuming dairy products.  I found out almost by "mistake" that my head
aches, sinus problems, weight (lost over 100 pounds just from going dairy
free). severe life-long asthma and arthritis just disappeared after not
eating dairy products for a month. Not to mention, I stopped walking into
walls and being "dizzy"--it was like I had a new found intelligence as I
hadn't realized how much a food allergy can fog up one's mind!  My father
refuses to change his diet and suffers horribly.  My brother has been
hospitalized for his dairy related suffering and still won't listen to
logic--all based on the same idea:  it is just too hard to change to a dairy
free life style.  I believe, though can not prove medically/scientifically,
that my mother died from continuing to consume dairy products while allergic
to them. WHAT A NEEDLESS & TRAGIC WASTE in all three of their lives! Sadly,
their stories are not unique.  Many others also needlessly suffer.
        I must admit, dairy is such a wonderful "comfort" food that I too
slipped up from time to time.  I've been dairy-free for at least three
years, yet I would crave dairy and even though I KNEW better once a year or
so I would give in to temptation and pay the price afterwards.  I have to
say that I have been CURED from my cravings!!!  What did it? Learning more
about what dairy does to the body from an enlightening friendship with the
man you mention who got kicked off of this list!  I work right down the hall
from a fully operational dairy plant and outlet store. Every day for the
past two years that I've worked in this job I've felt sorry for myself that
I couldn't go in and enjoy the cheese/ice cream that was so wonderful
displayed there and that so many people walk by nibbling on....well NO MORE!
The cure to feeling that dairy is something we "need" is in the knowing the
WHOLE truth of what it does to the human body.

Pain free!  And craving free too!
Dawn
John 8:32 "...the truth will set you free"