NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 20:28:22 -0500
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Also, our son is probably somewhat sensitive to casein since when he was 2

That was 3.5 years ago.

>we gave him some powdered soy drink called Better Than Milk (made in the US
>by Sovex) which said non-dairy, lactose free.  We tried a small amount on
>him and no reaction.  The next day gave him more and his face blew up.  It
>had sodium caseinate in it and I didn't realize the caseinate connectin to
>dairy.

Last June this was the ingredient list as posted to the celiac list:

The ingredients are: Malodextrin (from rice), soy milk, calcium carbonate,
soy protein isolate, fructose, tofu powder, sea salt, titanium dioxide (a
mineral for color), potassium chloride, carrageenan gum, natural flavors,
soy lecithin, cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12).

Sovex Natural Foods is at 423-396-3145.

Don.