NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:58:09 +0000
Loretta wrote:
> Hi, I'm on a dairy-free diet now, how long does it usually take to see
> the symptoms begin to subside? I'm conjested, coughing, would have
> running nose, but the meds are controlling it. I'm on nasal inhallers,
> asthma inhallers, and Claritin. I'm conjested constantly! Without the
> meds I have the "eternal cold", but it's allergies. I'm also
> envirentmentally allergic to dust, mites, pollens, pets, molds,
> feathers, plants, smoke, and some chemicals. I'm also allergic to dairy
> products. Have had skin tests and food challenge tests.

Hi Loretta - what I found was that the cold-like symptoms cleared up
within a couple of weeks. I then noticed the inhalant allergies
(animal fur, dust, paint thinners etc) gradually getting better over
a period of months. I am now totally dairy-free for about 6 months
and my overall health is just getting better and better - I need
to sleep less, my mind is so much clearer (I'm running a mailing
list!), my bones and muscles are getting stronger, my nose and
sinuses are bronchial passages are clear for the first time in my
life! The depression has gone. I wish more people with inhalant
allergies would try a milk-free diet - I'm sure a lot of it is
milk-related.

Max